Monday, August 8, 2011

Rainman

It is effing raining cats, dogs, cows, elephants, pretty much any large farm or wild animal you can think of in the heavy rain category. Why the hell should I be so lucky? Third fucking night in a row.

When I was leaving last Saturday, the weather gods were too lazy for even a tinkle. Now they got a major pisser going on. I am not sure at this point if I'd rather ride in the rain and sleep under clear skies or the other way round. You know it's gonna suck either way. Mad props to whoever made my riding rain gear and this tent, by the by. And the super awesome RV-grade extension cord that powers my gadgets in the middle of the fucking stormy night. Thunder, lightning, the tent almost ready for a space mission. Bought these 9-inch stakes from the camp owner, also a biker. He's got this Honda Goldwing. Respect, she's a good bike, just a bit on the heavy side. Anyway, the stakes are keeping my and my shizzle within reasonable elevation. I wanna ride, not fly. This time anyway.

Uploading my pix right now. Gotta love Android phones and all the nifty apps out there, including the tethering capability. The files are kinda heavy and the connection keeps breaking up. But we'll get though this. I got nowhere to go tonight and 8 more questionable beers are keeping me company.

So on a lighter note I hear our country's credit rating was downgraded and the shit is going down at the stock exchanges. One more reason to get off the grid. Why should a country be judged differently compared to a consumer? Let's stop overspending the money we don't have on the things we don't need at the times when we can't afford such frivolousness. Wish I could take this whole country on a live out of a tent trip.

By the way, need to buy a shorter belt some time this week. Losing weight despite all the good camp food.

And beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment