Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 3: MO-AR

Day 3: MO-AR

DAM! Guess where I am. Dam something or another Lake campsite. Sounds so much fun to say it. Dam, dam, dam. It's short and to the point. Why? I'll tell ya later.

What a great day today for the most part! Slept in till 8 AM, got up nice and slow after last night's debacle (and I'm sure 12 questionable beers did their part.) Had a Spinach Cheddar Omelet Soup for breakfast. That's what happens when you just need to get the chow in and don't give a flying fcuk about how it's made, no matter what the cooking instructions advise you to do. Helped with my inexplicable dehydration too.

The RV site had a coin laundry service - washed all of my wet stuff and dried it too. So happy I didn't have to ride in a bunch of wet clothes, that just wouldn't suit. HA!

My helpful neighbor from last night gave me this mind-bogglingly simple fire-starting Indian implement. I taught their kid a few full-contact Karate tricks. Such awesome people live far away from stress-infested East Coast metropolitan area...

Checked my GPS - it was going to send me the wrong way again!!! I am all set for tomorrow's riding and destination though.

No hurry, no major worries, just a lot of beautiful riding in Arkansas. Reminded me of the Blue Ridge Parkway, hilly with lots of twisties and switchbacks.

Since I did an extra 200 miles yesterday, today was a nice relaxing 300+ mile ride. Took a bunch of pictures (will try to put them up tonight in a separate post.) Rode through hills, twisties, Swiss-inspired towns, mostly on country roads...

Was at the campsite by 4 PM. Set up the tent, unloaded the gear, and went to the local stores to get beer, ice, RV-grade extension cord (so I could use my netbook in the tent while it was plugged in to the RV hook up), gas, post cards (let me know if you wanna get one, I'll write some real cool personalized messages), and went back to the camp.

My campsite neighbors turned out to be university professors (history and language education, right up my alley!), originally from N'awlins, but displaced by the Hurricane Katrina. Three little kids, three little dogs. We made friends after the kids and dogs would not go back to the parents, hanging out with me and checking out all the cook biker stuff I had. One thing led to another and soon I was invited over to have a freshly made burger with guacamole and blue cheese. In return, I treated the adults with some shady quality Tennessee whisky...

It was a beautiful day followed by a beautiful night... And then...

Guess who has two thumbs and got rained on for the THIRD time? This guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment