Lucky Numbah 13! Means it's time to turn around and go home.
Parting is such sweet sorrow. I love my friends, and they love me, and it was awesome to see them and spend so much time together for the first time in 5 years. It's like we never parted our ways. And it's important not to overstay my welcome, and we will see each other again soon, and the open road is calling my name.
Last night we went out for a "one for the road" and - whaddaya know! -- saw a statue of Mr. Lenin as well as a bridge troll squeeshing a real VW Beetle. In a way, the troll is an allegory for Lenin. Crazy shit. By the way, Lenin is for sale if anyone needs a historically meaningful bird bath or something. Ended up staying up till 3 AM (AGAIN!) - there was much to talk about and there was plenty of good Belgian-style beer flowing into our veins. Along with some outta this world Pacific smoked salmon jerky.
Left Seattle around 9 AM and went straight to Mt. Rainier. Not that it was on the way, but who cares. Adventure is the name of the game with this here trip. By the way, save for the whole bike dropping thing, it's going real well, pretty much according to the plan. Although, to add even more insult to an injury, I stepped on my netbook earlier today, so now the screen is not working so well. Goddamn cheap Chinese crap. It's still functional enough though.
Back to the trip - it's been 13 days (12 riding days) and I am almost at the 6,000 mile mark. An average of 500 miles a day. Anyways, Rainier is gawdgeus!!! Loved every moment of it, the sweepers and the twisties only added to the experience. It was cold though - 50 effin heit.
Then headed out East - homewards bound. It's pretty much a straight line to Maryland at this point, but you know it's gonna be better than that. Doing well on time and gonna see a lot more. Superslabbed it through eastern Washington and western Idaho trying to get as far nach Osten as possible. Saw some major smoke going on as I rode. Either those giant potato trees caught on fire or maybe local rednecks were smoking potato weed. You never know around here. Found a campsite and called it a day. Sleeping right next to a potato field. You say tomato, I say potato. Off to the Glacier National Park tomorrow and will be staying at a good friend's brother's place overnight before hitting Yellowstone.
Not that many pix today, but they are all awesome - as usual. And so are you - I am getting so many page hits, glad you are liking the blog.
Gonna turn in early tonight, lots of good riding and sightseeing tomorrow - again. But first - gonna upload those pikchurz and let you see what I saw. Amazing how I can get my netbook hooked up to the intahwebb in the middle o' no effin where.
















Фудзияма, однако! -)
ReplyDeleteЮ.Ц.