Death Valley is overrated. Sure it's hot as hell, but it's not even close to a regular sauna. I saw a runner doing a training run in a 111F weather. That's badass.
Got up at 7 AM so I could head out to the Valley early enough to beat the heat. The weatherman said it was gonna be north of 116F by noon. BS. The skies were cloudy, it rained a little bit here and there, so all in all it was mighty fine.
Had some trouble getting out of Vegas. No because I wanted to stay there and sin away, but because I had updated my GPS maps the night before and somehow Nevada maps got erased. It's all fixed now, cuz I am back in Nevada, staying overnight in Carson City. Lake Tahoe is real purdy, and the drive up from Death Valley on 395 and 207 was super scenic.
Met up with a riding buddy from CA, gonna have a good long ride tomorrow. TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment