Whoever romanticized riding into the sunset probably was blind. You can't see jack! Good thing I was mostly riding north today.
The day started out with a delightfully delicious breakfast of giant juicy raw oysters and freshly made salmon cakes. The bartender told me about this whale hanging out in a local river and I had to see it for myself. True, a rather small whale was swimming about, occasionally making noises akin to the airhorn sound and launching fountains of water up in the air. Seemed to be having a great old time.
Rode up the scenic Hwy 101 along Oregon coast. It's full of high-speed twisties and scenic views. It is also full of unreasonably low speed limits. Took me forever to get to Portland. Even after a quick lunch of beer and oysters.
Oregon is an extremely beautiful state, I can see myself living here. I hear it rains here a lot and gets pretty cold though. But all the seafood they have here is just too good to pass up. The smells, the views and the tastes gave me such a high today!
Day 10 and 4,863 miles mark the midpoint of my trip. Another 10 or 11 days on the road, who knows how many more miles. Something tells me I'll find out.
Enjoying incredibly amazing hospitality of my Oregon Enshin Karate friends - staying over at their house just outside of Portland. Enjoyed a delicious dinner treat and fun conversations, thank you guys!
Tomorrow need to get the bike an oil change and then off to see Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainier before paying a visit to my old friends currently living in Seattle who I haven't seen in forever! Gonna be fun!
Today's pix:




















No comments:
Post a Comment