Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 9: NV-CA

I like my roads how I like my women: gorgeous, dangerous and with a whole lotta curves.

I got some real good riding today between Lake Tahoe and the Pacific coastline. California's Hwy 36 is a thrill, 140 miles of thrills really. Left, right, left, right, right, right, left, left... 3rd gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear, 2nd gear, 1st gear, 2nd gear... Up, down, up down, up, up, up, DOWN, uuuuuuuup... Love it!

Left Carson City at the crack of 8 AM, were in Red Bluff by noon. Had a nice tall glass of water (a must!), a nice tall pint of good local beer and a scrumptuous guacamole topped burger. 5 hours later washed our boots in the Pacific. I was facing another 2 hours of riding back east to the campsite I already had lined up, but the seagulls and a bell told me to stay. Found a motel with a bay view and am resting up before I ride another 500 scenic miles to Portland tomorrow. In 9 days, I added almost 4,500 miles to the odometer. When I get back, I better buy an extended warranty for the bike cuz factory warranty will be expiring. (Put 25K miles in under 2 years - and that's in addition to about 40K miles on the truck.) Or sell it altogether and buy a different one. We'll see.

In the meantime, Hwy 101 is calling my name... Tomorrow there'll be a bikeload of coastal riding done. I envy myself, so you don't have to.

Pictures for days 8 & 9 will be up later tonight. In the words of Virgin Mary, come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment