But here I am and there you have it!
Woke up bright and early - AGAIN! Sometimes the excitement of the upcoming trip is a pure rush and the brain won't let the body rest... Let's go! How 'bout now?! Are you ready? I am! Let's go!
Was on the road by 8 AM. 43F again. Having learned from the experience of the previous day, had all my layers including the rain suit on. The windshield all the way up. Heated grips and heated seat on, too. Still feeling the chill. AND??? And I pass this Harley. No windshield. The dude and his wommon were not wearing helmets (a lot of states do not have a helmet law and these rebels must be fans of skin grafting.) Maybe it was just a hallucination. Or maybe they were too high to notice the cold.
Following my gracious hosts advice, I rode and extra hour to get to the northeastern entrance into Yellowstone National Park. There is a road there that goes through some wicked twisties and then takes you to all the sights to see. And did I see them! The buffaloes (or bisons?), the Lake, the Canyon, the Mammoths, the Old Faithful... I think I missed a couple of things like those pretty multi-colored pools - didn't have the time to walk over a mile to take a look.
The ride around the park took the entire day. By 6 PM, when I left the park through the south entrance (and exit, apparently), I was spent. Didn't have the energy to see the Grand Tetons. Cuz the DAMN tourists kept stopping right in the middle of the fucking road! LOOK, A BEAR!!! LOOK, A BISON!!! LOOK, A TREE!!! Argh. I am a patient and a reasonable man. BUT GET THE FUCK MOVING, PEOPLE! Like it's really hard to pull over to the shoulder and then gawk. Soon enough I was riding between cars cuz I have no patience for stupid people.
Anyway, LOVED IT!!! Checked into a campsite heavily decorated with "Be Bear Aware" signs. They asked me if I had a can of bear spray. I looked at them with that heavy look I have sometimes, and they knew a bear would have no chance.
Showered, set up the tent, edited the pix, and called it a day. I don't think I am going to be back there again any time soon. If ever.
The Olde Faithful. Just a huffing and puffing old geiser thats supposed to erupt every 69 minutes. But it's old and it forgets.























No comments:
Post a Comment